We are pleased that you have decided to consign your item(s) with us at The Millionaire’s Daughter. This is YOUR contract and MUST be completed and forwarded with your consignment before processing can take place. Here’s how it works:
We sell your fine furnishings on consignment. You receive 45% of the sale price.
- 1. When you consign with us for the first time, your name and information will be entered into our system. As soon as your contract is inputted, you will receive email activation from The Millionaire’s Daughter requesting you to create your own password to log on to view your account. This email will also supply you with YOUR OWN Consignor Number! Please keep note of this #, for all future inquiries or consignments!
We have a UNIQUE POS SYSTEM that allows you to see all of your items on-line as they become inventoried. As items are entered you will see them listed as CURRENT INVENTORY. As items sell, you will see them move to PREVIOUS INVENTORY with an amount showing how much you’re making and date sold. Follow along through the month and note the total at the end of the month for your cheque
YOU must follow your items online.
YOU must be aware of items that have sold and/or expired.
YOU must manage your account~ HAVE FUN!
Watch as your account builds up instantly as customers buy your items!
Cheques are always ready to be picked up at the stores on or after the 15th of the month following the month the item is sold. Unclaimed, lost, or stale-dated cheques will not be re-issued. We do not call you to tell you your cheques are ready. If you request cheques to be mailed, we ask that you supply stamped and addressed LEGAL envelope.
Cheques will not be re-issued if lost in the mail or stale-dated. As the consignor it is your responsibility to handle your account, we will not re-issue cheques.
2. All items for consignment must be clean and in prime condition, i.e. dirt, dust, smoke free with no repair required and in good working order. We are not an antique shop and make no claims to knowing the value of your pieces.
FURNITURE - All FURNITURE items MUST be approved prior to delivery to the store. We do not take upholstered furniture or rugs exposed to heavy smoke or pet hair. Furniture deliveries are by appointment through the storefront desk. The Millionaire’s Daughter has the right to refuse furniture upon delivery, if we determine the furniture is not up to our standards.
DÉCOR ITEMS – All décor items (accessories, lights, pictures, dishes) must be dropped off, during a designated consignment day in a non-returnable box or container labeled with your FULL NAME, consignor number if you have one, along with a detailed itemized list. It is suggested that you call ahead for availability.
Consignment Days and Hours: Mon., Tues., Wed. 10:00-4:00 and Sat. 11:00-3:00
3. When you bring in your items, we will select what we think our customers will buy. We may decline some items. Please do not take this personally as we consider many variables in determining
what we cannot accept including condition, marketability and items that we cannot sell for a minimum of $20.00. For declined items, we will contact you once by email or phone letting you
know that they can either be returned (picked up) within 7 days or donated. If items are not picked up within the 7 days, we will assume you are allowing us to donate the items.
4. After 30 days, item sale prices are reduced by 10%, after 60 days another 10% and after 90 days the last price drop will be 15% for the remaining 30 days. The Millionaire’s Daughter has the right to offer any special pricing or deals at any time the items are on the floor for sale.
5. We have many Clients who consign with us therefore it is up to the consignor to track dates and pick up unsold items following the contract period. If you do not pick up your items by day 127 days (4 months plus the 7 days for pick up), they become the property of The Millionaire’s Daughter and will be disposed of, sold at a reduced amount, or donated to a local charity.
6. The Millionaire’s Daughter has four locations and may transfer items from one location to another to help ensure a sale. We take responsibility that if the item does not sell, it will be returned to the location to which it was originally delivered. The Millionaire’s Daughter has the right to photograph items being consigned and retains the images for use in any advertising materials.
7. With the help of our advanced POS system the selling price of consigned items will be established by The Millionaire's Daughter. As a general guideline, consignment pricing is approx. 1/3 of original pricing, although it could be higher or lower based on condition, style, age, marketability etc. Please visit our website to see how similar items have been priced.
8. Consigned items remain your property until sold. If you wish to reclaim any unsold items before the sale period ends, you may do so, but there will be a hold-back charge of 10% of the starting price.
9. We offer pick up service through our delivery teams who are sub-contracted. You will be expected to pay them directly at the time of pick-up. We do not quote for pick up. This will be discussed between you and the pick up company. The Millionaire’s Daughter is exempt from responsibility for damages of any kind, due to deliveries with any mover and/or delivery company. If you bring your furniture in yourself, please note, for insurance reasons, our staff is not allowed to assist with furniture or heavy box transportation. You must have assistance for all pickups and deliveries to and from your vehicle.
10. Please understand that this is a public place where customers are able to handle your items. We will do our best to safeguard them, however accidents and theft can happen. We are not responsible for theft, breakage or any other damages to your items.
Where you will pickup your cheques
By signing my name above, I certify that I have read the above information. Any questions concerning these
policies have been discussed. My signature also certifies my understanding of and agreement with the above
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.