The Millionaires Daughter may choose to place or relocate furniture from location to location due to space, inventory selection and where we believe an item may sell best!
The Fine Print –
Please review – this will be on YOUR contract and NO Exceptions!
- We sell your fine furnishings on consignment. You receive 50% of the sale price.
- All items must be previewed and approved for sale. Send us an email, bring in photos or we will come to you. An on-site fee is charged if we come to you. Only when items are accepted will we accept delivery. All delivery is by appointment only.
- Buyers are constantly searching for fine quality items. Our major marketing efforts work for you and provide a faster sale without the hassle.
- After 60 days item sale prices are reduced by 15% and subsequently by 10% every 30 days for a period of up to 150 days (approximately 5 months). At the end of the sale period any unsold items must be removed from the showroom within 7 days. The Millionaires Daughter has the right to offer any special pricing or deals at any time the items are on the floor for sale.
- Consigned items remain your property until sold. If you wish to reclaim any unsold items before the sale period ends, you will be charged a holdback fee of 10% of the initial price.
- It is the responsibility of buyers and sellers to arrange delivery. We would be pleased to recommend a reliable delivery service please advise which location you wish to consign. Please advise at time of request if you require pick up, if you wish to bring in we take confirmed items ONLY Saturday (11-4) thru Monday to Wednesday (10-4) Thursday (4-6). No consignments Friday or Sunday Our staff is not allowed to assist carrying items to or from cars, you must have your own help!
- We book by Saturday 12 Noon for the following week, we answer one email per request (we receive over 50 requests per day) so please ensure we know everything about your items you wish to consign. All responses have a 2 week guarantee of price and date of acceptance. If we accept your item we will forward a contract and you MUST submit with your consignments along with a list.
- Cheques are always ready to pick up on the 15th of the month after it was sold. If sold in the month of January then pick up February 15. If you request cheques to be mailed we ask that you supply the addressed envelopes and we take NO RESPONSIBILTY ON THE ABILITY OF THE MAIL FOR LENGTH OF TIME.
- Cheques will NOT BE REISSUED IF LOST IN MAIL OR STALEDATED. AS THE CONSIGNOR IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILTY TO HANDLE YOUR ACCOUNT, WE WILL NOT REISSUE CHEQUES.
The Millionaires Daughter has a high standard for consignment items.
All items sold in store or online must be clean and in prime condition; i.e. dirt, dust, and smoke free, not in need of any repair, and in good working order.
The Millionaires Daughter WILL NOT ACCEPT mattresses or bedding, or any items made from pressboard, particleboard, plywood etc., old scenery pictures, and lamps without lampshades, collector plates! NO settings of 4 or less please! Any items that have tags on them from garage sales or donation centers.
Items that do not meet these standards will be denied delivery to our location or if inadvertently accepted must be picked up with seven (7) days of our notification to you. After seven (7) days, these items will either be donated or discarded without further notice. Our suggested delivery service may advise if the item you plan to send will be accepted or not, please listen to them so YOU do not have to make arrangements to pick up if refused, this Will be at YOUR Expense!
Please include with your consigned items the contract that will be forwarded to you once accepted along a list of ALL items and suggested prices that you would like for these items. We will try and work with these prices BUT we will price to SELL, which means we will review our previous inventory and price YOUR items using our expertise. All consignments are priced as soon as they are inventoried, we will NOT change pricing once we have taken the time to inventory and do signage.
We love what we do and take pride in our stores! We honor and appreciate your décor items and furniture please read carefully. Our goal is the customer that shops in our stores are welcomed, treated with respect, and are offered the best prices! You, the Consignor are appreciated and we will do OUR BEST to treat your items with care! We will show everything to the best of our ability and it is our intention to get the best price for both you and our customers!